1. PERSONAL DATA
1.1. The “Personal Data” provided by you to us which include your name, NRIC number or passport number, contact number, address, email address, bank account information, etc.
1.2. Other than the Personal Data provided by you to us directly whether during engaging with us for the provision of our services or during any communication with us, we may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources which may include from online search tools, external service providers subscribed by you and information or details obtained from third parties through lawful sources including Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registration Department of Malaysia, Credit Bureau of Bank Negara Malaysia or any credit reporting agencies, or at events organized or participated by us, etc.
1.3. In respect of the personal data of third parties such as your employees, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will pass a copy of this Policy to them, if required by law. You also warrant that the processing of your personal data provided to us will not put us in the position of breaching of any applicable data privacy legislation.
2. PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1. By engaging with any of our employees, you hereby agree and consent to using and processing your Personal Data provided to us, for the following purposes as described below:
- for the provision of services;
- to prepare any documents which may be required for the purpose mentioned in sub-paragraph (1) above and such other additional supporting work in connection with sub-paragraph (1) above;
- to provide necessary information required to any statutory, regulatory or governmental authorities;
- for our internal administrative purposes which include the historical and conflict-checking purposes;
- to communicate with you; and
- for us to comply with its obligations under the law or any regulations imposed by the statutory, regulatory or governmental authorities.
2.2. It is optional for you to provide your Personal Data to us. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to:
- provide the required services to you; or
- communicate effectively with you
2.3. We may also process and use your Personal Data for other following purposes:
- to send the materials such as festivals or seasonal greeting cards, news, articles, updates, events, talks and seminars which may be of interest to you; and
- potential referees to editors or researchers, publications, reports, journals, and potential clients who request for referees of past work in our credential statements, tenders and submissions,
if any, through email or mail.
If you do not agree or consent to processing your Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in this paragraph 2.3., please inform us by contacting us.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Your Personal Data provided to us or obtained by us from other sources shall be kept confidential by us. However, it may be necessary for us to engage with the third party companies, service providers or individuals to perform certain services on our behalf. In such event, you hereby agree and give consent to us that we may disclose your Personal Data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including the following parties:
- financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- storage facility providers;
- external service providers (subscribed by you or us), professional advisors, such as auditors, insurers, lawyers; and
- other parties that we deem necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above including, but not limited to, internal business purposes including client relationship management, account management, internal financial reporting, information technology support (such as storage, hosting, maintenance, support, etc.) including outsourcing of the same.
3.2. We shall also disclose your information to any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and governmental authorities where legally required to do so.
4. EMAIL AND WEBSITE
4.1. Any of your Personal Data in the emails and Contact Form sent via Taxguards website to us shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Policy. The content of the messages shall be strictly monitored by us.
4.2. Taxguards website may consist of links to other sites and pages. We shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to other parties via the links.
5. REQUEST FOR ACCESSING PERSONAL DATA AND ENQUIRIES
5.1. You may at any time hereafter request for rectification or correction and accessing of your Personal Data (subject to payment of fees, if applicable), or limiting the processing of your Personal Data by us, as the case may be subject, however to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable law. If you wish to do so, please contact us. You may also contact us if you have any enquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data provided to us.
5.2. Please take note that we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any corrections to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
5.3. In the event of any change in your Personal Data, you are obliged to contact and notify us promptly.
6.1 We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time.